Prepping for Sunday's 5k

March 30, 2011

We are only 4 days away from my 5k and I am starting to get pretty nervous. Tonight I ran 3.22 miles and again was able to complete it without stopping. Rather than running on the treadmill, I ran outside because I find the treadmill easier to run on for a few reasons: it kinda sets a pace for you and I find myself "spacing out" on the treadmill and suddenly a couple miles has already gone past. I wanted to prove to myself that I could run a 5k without those treadmill "aids" and I was very glad to see I could do it. I tried to go a bit slower tonight and so my time wasn't very good (35:22) and actually pace was pretty lousy (11:03min mile) in comparison to what I have done in prior weeks (sub 10min mile). But I think slowing down was necessary to be able to run the entire time.

Between now and Sunday I think I will only do a quick 1 mile run on Friday just to keep my body fit and ready.  I can't wait to cross that finish line. Did I mention there's a beer garden on the beach after the 5k?!? Yeah - best 5k EVER!!! ;)

Rachelle xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment